Welcome to the online home of Stanford Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Our primary objective is to restore function to patients afflicted with the entire spectrum of musculoskeletal and neurologic disorders. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation specialists (also referred to as “physiatrists”) often diagnose and evaluate patients with back or joint pain, sports injuries, stroke, traumatic brain injury, and amputations. The primary goal is to maximize function, often through focused physical therapies, medications, and non-operative interventions.
The Stanford rehabilitation professionals are amongst one of the largest networks on the west coast. Our physicians are located at Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, and St. Mary's Medical Center.
To learn more about patient services and referrals, please see Stanford Hospital & Clinics Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Stanford PM&R News Feed (updated 8/21/2015)
- Dr. Ryan Mattie has been selected to a two-year appointment to represent the AAP in the AAMC Organization of Resident Representatives. Please click here and here for more information on this important leadership opportunity.
- We are pleased to announce that Dr. Elizabeth Martin has been appointed to the 2015-16 Stanford Resident Safety Council! As a senior member of the Discharges project team, Elizabeth will be charged with improving the safety of patient discharges and follow-up to reduce complications and hospital readmissions.
- Please welcome The Class of 2018 to the PM&R Residency! Pictures and full profiles now available here.
- The 2015 Resident Research Day is set for Wednesday, April 8 at the Stanford Medicine Outpatient Center in Redwood City. Dr. Kathleen Bell, Chair of PM&R at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, is our invited speaker. Details
- Congratulations to Drs. Emily Kraus, Neal Varghis, and Patricia Zheng, our new Chief Residents! They will serve from April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016.
- PM&R extends a warm welcome to the candidates who matched with our Residency Program on March 20! The Class of 2019
- Stanford faculty and residents were represented well at the 2015 AAP Annual Meeting in San Antonio. A list of our posters and presentations will be posted shortly.